Saturday, December 16, 2017
How To Become An Influencer: 10 Tips For Success
With the rise of ad blockers, DVRs, and streaming music we don’t see as many ads as we used to; which is why influencer marketing is now the most effective form of advertising. Influencers have a loyal following, authenticity and trustworthiness making them so effective in persuading consumers to buy a product.
You know who the big influencers are. Chances are that you follow them on social media and watch their exotic vacations, their great clothes and their fabulous lifestyles. Who doesn’t want to work from home, make a ton of money, and get lots of free stuff?
So how do you become an influencer anyway?
1. Find Your Niche: Grab a pen and list your passions. They don’t have to fit in the normal categories, like: Travel, makeup, reviews, etc. Take Karina Garcia, for example. She’s into slime: The goopy, green stuff. Now she has a popular YouTube channel with millions of followers, where she teaches people how to make their own slime. She’s even got her own brand, available at Target. Whatever your passion is, go for it!
2. Do Something Unique: How many unsuccessful “lifestyle” bloggers are out there? Chances are that you have a friend who’s tried it. They have the passion for fashion, food, and travel but they couldn’t get a following. Why? Because they’re like everyone else. Be different than your competition.
3. Pick Your Channels: You can’t possibly be successful on all channels. Pick one channel to focus on and maybe two more to be active on. The popular F**k Jerry guys didn’t have a Twitter or Facebook page for years. They found their engagement was highest on Instagram, so they put all their energy into growing that channel. Focus and grow.
4. Create A Social Media Strategy: Don’t just wing it. Plan out your content. Make a list of the content you want to create for the next three months. Decide how often are you going to post. When will you post? Be consistent.
5. Create Great Content: This is where you’re going to spend most of your time. Make sure you create the best content you can. It’s your brand. And don’t be afraid to invest your money. If you were starting a business, you’d invest money wouldn’t you? If you’re serious about this, you should buy some good equipment.
Nikki Giavasis’ 5 Tips for Building a Social Media Empire
Over the past few years, foundational components of the marketing world have shifted drastically. Traditional forms of media, like print and radio, are fading rapidly as consumer tastes move away from the static, ‘mass marketing’ style that so many marketers have relied upon for years. Customers expect and demand more.
The rapid growth of social media is arguably the largest driver of this industry-wide disruption. Viral consumer platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram, are replacing legacy systems because they simply provide an all around better experience for both the public and businesses.
Brands and marketers, especially, are going all in on social. The ecosystem not only provides a larger reach than traditional outlets, as it now houses over 3 billion active social media users internationally, but also a suite of tools that help marketers fine tune their communication efforts and improve their return on investment. With advanced targeting capabilities, brands and influencers can reach literally millions of engaged users in just a few taps.
This is not to say, though, that finding success on social media is by any means easy. In fact, the low barrier to entry, and resulting market saturation, with over 91% of retail brands now using 2 or more social media channels, has made it harder than ever to differentiate.
Perhaps the only advantage you may have in this competitive space, given the ubiquity of resources, is your own experience and ability to pattern match success. Luckily, I sat down with one of the best in the industry, Nikki Giavasis, a Forbes and Entrepreneur top Influencer, accomplished speaker, entrepreneur, and recognized agent for some of the world’s most popular celebrities and influencers, to learn more about what it takes to build a social media empire.
Here are 5 of her very best tips that can help you create a serious social presence:
5 tips to successfully promote your content on social media
While a website may be helpful in assisting a brand with increasing their awareness and expanding their business, it is important to realize that simply having a website developed without paying any attention to the marketing and promotion of the site would be a waste of money. The same goes for a local business – even though there is a chance that people would walk past a new store and enter it, there is no use in founding a business if the business owner is not interested in marketing the business to the general public. Thus, one of the most important aspects of any successful brand or business lies within their marketing strategies.
The internet has simplified the way we do marketing in some ways, but also made it more complex at the same time. While it is easier to publish content on a blog, social media networks and other platforms – and also cheaper – when compared to physical advertising campaigns, it is important to understand that your business is not the only one that will be taking full advantage of these benefits that come with internet marketing. Thus, any business owner who wishes to be successful in the digital world need to make sure the strategies they implement into their business model is effective not only in providing them a simpler way to market their brand, but also effective in delivering their message to the right people, at the right time, on the right platform.
The Importance Of Social Media Marketing
There are a large number of different promotional tactics that a brand can utilize when it comes to internet marketing. Content marketing, email marketing, video marketing and social media marketing are just a few of these examples. While blogging, sending emails to customers and producing visually appealing content are all important, many brands find that the efforts they exert on social media networks tend to go a long way in helping them increase their reach and to help them bring more customers to their brand.
Social media networks were originally created as a way for people to stay in touch with each other. Today, we use these networks for much more than checking up on a close friend or family member. Millions of brands have created accounts on social networks to represent them and help them grow their customer base, increase sales and become more recognized in their industries.
Before we dig deeper into some excellent tips that will help any business make the most out of their social media marketing campaigns, let’s first take a quick look at some vital statistics about different social networks to provide an overview of just how popular these platforms have become.
5 Unique Social Media Tips to Grow Your Business, Fast
With ever-changing technology and a new social media platform every minute (or what seems like it), it can be tough to keep up with the best online presence. Factor in the algorithms that often hinder business profiles on sites such as Facebook and Instagram, and you might as well through your hands in the air and give up.
Well, not so fast.
It turns out, there are ways to successfully marketing your company without burning through your time, energy, and budget on those pesky paid ads. We all know we should hashtag on Instagram, that contests can build awareness, and when we should be posting on Facebook. But read on for 5 other tricks that can boost your overall business from the comfort of someone else’s smartphone.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
5 Strategies to Improve Local SEO in 2018
Local SEO competition is heating up. 2018 is the year for you to really raise your local SEO game to enjoy the sweet fruits of high visibility for local searches on Google.
Here are 5 strategies you can trust.
1) Capture Your Space on All Local Business Directories
Did you know – 80% consumers rely on online searches for choosing local businesses! However, not many local businesses claim their local business listings. Those that do, however, have a lot to gain. Before the local SEO search space becomes saturated, make sure that you get the early mover advantage. Here’s what you need to do:
- List your local business on top local business directories; Yelp, Citysearch, and Merchant Circle are obvious starting points.
- Make your business profiles as complete as possible.
- Use this HubSpot list of high-value business directories (50 of them) and start creating your business pages on these, 5 a day.
- Check your local newspapers and Chamber of Commerce (or equivalent agencies) websites for possibilities of creating your listing.
- Make sure your business’ NAP (name, address, and phone) is consistent, and list it on aggregator networks like Infogroup, Neustar, and Factual.
- Hunt down any niche specific directories for your business and make sure you secure your listings there before anything else.
2) Leverage the Power of Local Link Building
Is there anything of this sort? Yes, indeed. This is one of the best-kept secrets of local SEO that only the most seasoned local SEO experts are good at. Link building for local SEO is different from link building in general because you get a lot of value from local links even if the niche of the backlink source website is not linked to your business. Because in local business, relationships hold a key position, this reflects in Google’s search algorithm for local SEO. Getting local backlinks, however, requires you to get off the cushioned seat and take your marketing to the ground. Here are some suggestions:
- Look for local sponsorship opportunities
- Organize a donation drive
- Get involved in local community events and then their websites
- Be active on local newsgroups and portals
- Look for creative low-cost advertisements on local classifieds
3) Measure Your Store Branding Campaigns For Better Returns
We talked about all kinds of local events, giveaway, and community efforts you can engage in with the aim of getting local mentions of your business. This can be expensive, particularly for local businesses only getting started with SEO. This is where the need for focused measurement of store branding execution campaigns comes to the fore. This is where brands have to gain a lot from local retail store process automation and reporting tools like Zipline. Using this tool, store managers can set up campaigns to measure success (subscriptions, footfall, inquiries, purchases, etc). Zipline also helps bring together information and analytics from all channels together, enabling local stores to leverage their marketing collateral from across locations for inexpensive yet consistent branding and promotions.