How To Become An Influencer: 10 Tips For Success
With the rise of ad blockers, DVRs, and streaming music we don’t see as many ads as we used to; which is why influencer marketing is now the most effective form of advertising. Influencers have a loyal following, authenticity and trustworthiness making them so effective in persuading consumers to buy a product.
You know who the big influencers are. Chances are that you follow them on social media and watch their exotic vacations, their great clothes and their fabulous lifestyles. Who doesn’t want to work from home, make a ton of money, and get lots of free stuff?
So how do you become an influencer anyway?
1. Find Your Niche: Grab a pen and list your passions. They don’t have to fit in the normal categories, like: Travel, makeup, reviews, etc. Take Karina Garcia, for example. She’s into slime: The goopy, green stuff. Now she has a popular YouTube channel with millions of followers, where she teaches people how to make their own slime. She’s even got her own brand, available at Target. Whatever your passion is, go for it!
2. Do Something Unique: How many unsuccessful “lifestyle” bloggers are out there? Chances are that you have a friend who’s tried it. They have the passion for fashion, food, and travel but they couldn’t get a following. Why? Because they’re like everyone else. Be different than your competition.
3. Pick Your Channels: You can’t possibly be successful on all channels. Pick one channel to focus on and maybe two more to be active on. The popular F**k Jerry guys didn’t have a Twitter or Facebook page for years. They found their engagement was highest on Instagram, so they put all their energy into growing that channel. Focus and grow.
4. Create A Social Media Strategy: Don’t just wing it. Plan out your content. Make a list of the content you want to create for the next three months. Decide how often are you going to post. When will you post? Be consistent.
5. Create Great Content: This is where you’re going to spend most of your time. Make sure you create the best content you can. It’s your brand. And don’t be afraid to invest your money. If you were starting a business, you’d invest money wouldn’t you? If you’re serious about this, you should buy some good equipment.